Special Services


Do you have positive stories related to this most extraordinary re-opening of school?

Email them to:
Rachel Borge at 
Hudson's Special Education Parent Advisory Committee at SEPAC03051@gmail.com.  

We would love to hear from you!

Have you experienced challenges or concerns?  Do not hesitate to reach out to your school's Special Services Department.  We want to help our students and families through these unique times.


Let’s Talk About Re-Opening, Special Services and COVID Implications

October 7,2020 from 6-8 pm online

Join the Hudson NH SEPAC Special Education Parent Advisory Committee for a Roundtable Conversation with representatives of the Hudson School District Special Services Department

Let’s Talk About Re-Opening, Special Services and COVID Implications

Register at SEPAC03051@gmail.com to receive a link to the conversation

OR enter the following URL in your web browser


Help us make this night a success – 

What questions do you have for the Special Services staff?

Do you have success stories that you would like to share?

Email them to SEPAC03051@gmail.com.


The Special Services Department in Hudson New Hampshire provides quality instructional services to students who require special education, are age 3 through 21 and have not yet received a regular high school diploma.  School teams are charged to work hand in hand with parents to determine if students are in need of special education services and if so to determine what services may be required to facilitate student progress within the general curriculum. 
It is a federal requirement that that to the maximum extent appropriate, children with disabilities are educated alongside their non-disabled peers.   Teams work together to develop appropriate Individualized Education Plans to be implemented in the Least Restrictive Environment in accordance with IDEIA and the New Hampshire Standards for the education of children with disabilities. 

Some students with disabilities require accommodations under section 504.  Under this provision, an individual with a disability is a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of such an impairment; or is regarded as having such an impairment.   The question of whether a student requires an accommodation plan under section 504 is determined on a case-by-case basis in the context of a 504 team.

The Special Services Department also oversees implementation of the provisions prescribed under the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act.  This act is federal legislation supporting educational stability for children who are experiencing homelessness. 

If you suspect that your child may be in need of any of these services, please reach out to your child’s teacher or school counselor.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.